Last updated: 01/10/2018
We respect the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and this policy explains how we collect and treat any information you give us. You won’t find any complicated legal terms or long passages of unreadable text. We’ve no desire to trick you into agreeing to something you might later regret.
Our policy covers
- Why we value your privacy
- How we collect information
- What information we hold
- Where we store your information
- What we use your information for
- Who’s responsible for your information at our company
- Who has access to information about you
- The steps we take to keep your information private
- How to complain
- Changes to the policy
Why we value your privacy
We value your privacy as much as we do our own, so we’re committed to keeping your personal and business information safe. We’re uncomfortable with the information companies, governments, and other organisations keep on file, so we ask for only the bare minimum from our customers. We’ll never use your personal information for any reason other than why you gave it, and we’ll never give anyone access to it unless we’re forced to by law.
How we collect information
We ask for contact information including your name, email address, and phone number, on our website so that we can reply to your enquiry.
We collect your email address when you sign up for one of our newsletters.
We ask for your account and contact information when you hire or buy something from us.
Occasionally, we might receive your contact information from one of our partners. If we do, we protect it in exactly the same way as if you give it to us directly.
What information we hold
- When you contact us by email or through our website, we collect your name, email address, phone number, a social media username, and the company you work for, if you’ve given us that.
- If you sign up for a newsletter, we only collect your email address.
- When you buy something from us, we collect your name, email address, phone number, and a delivery address.
- If you do business with us, we also collect your business name and bank details and keep records of the invoices we send you and the payments you make.
- All purchases are processed by PayPal, our ecommerce platform and we never have access to your credit card information.
Where we store your information
When you buy something, your information is stored in Woocommerce, our ecommerce platform, and if we do business, we store your information in our accounts software. We chose these systems partly for their commitment to security.
What we use your information for
We occasionally use your contact information to send you details of our products and services. When we do, you have the option to unsubscribe from these communications and we won’t send them to you again. We might also email or phone you about our products and services, but if you tell us not to, we won’t get in touch again. We will use your information to send you invoices, statements, or reminders.
Who’s responsible for your information at our company[_], our [_], is responsible for the security of your information. You can contact them by email at [_] or by phone on [_] if you have any concerns about the information we store.
Who has access to information about you
When we store information in our own systems, only the people who need it have access. Our management team have access to everything you’ve provided, but individual employees have access to only what they need to do their job.
The steps we take to keep your information private
Where we store your information in third-party services, we restrict access only to people who need it.
How to complain
We take complaints very seriously. If you’ve any reason to complain about the ways we handle your privacy, please contact by email at email@example.com
Changes to the policy
If we change the contents of this policy, those changes will become effective the moment we publish them on our website.